No products in the cart.
- So many people assume that unless you have acne or excess shine, you really don’t need to do anything with your skin until you turn 30. But, that’s simply not true. Incorporating a skincare regimen at young age and following basic healthy skincare habits will help keep your skin looking young and healthy.Believe it or not, skin repair replacement mechanisms actually slow down by age 20. Just like so many other things in a woman’s life hormonal changes are to blame. But, don’t let Mother Nature determine how you will look! Start caring for your skin with a skin care routine in your 20’s and you’ll thank yourself in your 40’s.
- Wearing sunscreen daily is the absolute most important thing you can do for your skin in your 20’s. Even just a few minutes in the sun each day is enough to break down collagen in the skin and cause wrinkles and lines. So, wearing at least SPF 30 on your face daily, especially around your eyes, is key to preventing early signs of aging. The best sunscreen is the one that you will use consistently, so find a texture that works for you and apply it to all exposed skin, including neck and hands.
- One of the most popular skincare myths is that “age spots” are signs that you’re getting older, right? Wrong! These brown, freckle-like skin blemishes are not a sign of aging, but rather a result of unprotected sun exposure. Some may start noticing these sun spots in their mid-twenties. Fortunately, they can be treated with proven antioxidant rich ingredients such as Vitamin C, pomegranate extract, licorice extract, rapeseed (brassica napus) extract and select other plant extracts. Nazelie Youth Illuminator is an amazing product packed with antioxidants that includes all of these brighteners to even out your skin and prevent new spots from appearing.
- Washing your face at night is a must. Make it part of your routine and never, ever omit it. Use an effective cleanser every night and never go to bed with your makeup on. Your cleanser has to get rid of all the dirt that’s built up on your skin throughout the day. Nazelie Peeling Mask is a great cleanser that helps dissolve dirt and sheds off dead cells, clearing pathways to moisture and allowing young skin cells beneath them to grow faster.
- One of the smartest things you can do in your 20’s to prevent crow’s feet is incorporating a deeply moisturizing, rich eye cream into your daily regimen. When you smile the area under your eyes is protected by rich, oily cream that would prevent a line from happening. Eye creams keep the skin moist and preserve its youth. By late 20’s you may want to start investing more in eye creams with anti-aging claims, but for now a gentle and super hydrating eye cream applied daily in conjunction with sun protection would help you preserve the youthful skin around your eyes. Nazelie Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream has a balm texture and is includes only 5 nourishing wrinkle-fighting ingredients and is perfect for the young skin.
- You’ll also want to be sure to get a good, basic moisturizer and/or night cream contain ingredients that work to repair and moisturize your skin all night long. It’s best to apply the moisturizer after your shower in a muggy bathroom when your skin is still slightly damp. We recommend Nazelie Youth Illuminator (antioxidant packed cream for combination to oily skin type) or Moisturizing Night Cream (for dryer complexions) as a great night time moisturizing treatment.
- You lift weights to build muscles and you exfoliate to build strong skin. The concept here is really the same… exfoliating stimulates your skin which is necessary in order for it to repair itself.
- By mid-twenties, you should definitely get more serious about your skincare. Start making an annual visit to a dermatologist, splurge on regular facials and invest in good quality skincare products. Make sure you are consistent with your skincare routine and apply the products in the right order.
- After 25 start treating your unique skin conditions with a supped up serum. If your skin is prone to breakouts, try a serum that contains alpha-hydroxy acids. If you have acne scars and sun spots, use a serum that is packed full of Vitamin C and other antioxidant. For those of you lucky enough to have an overall good skin condition, don’t think you should skimp out on the serum. Instead, shoot for a universal serum that will give your skin the essential daily vitamins it needs to retain its amazingness. We recommend Youth Rejuvenator, a copper peptides based wrinkle preventing miracle.
- Put out the cigarette. Seriously, smoking hinders your body’s ability to produce collagen and accelerates your skin’s breakdown, which leads to premature wrinkles.
- Don’t overdo it. Remember, your skincare regimen should be focused on cleansing, moisturizing and protecting your skin. All of these components will help prevent. Therefore, unless recommended by your dermatologist, avoid over-exfoliating and using glycolic acid or Retin-A. In most cases, this will actually hurt your young skin more than help it, so seek professional opinion before making this decision.
It doesn’t have to be overwhelming to start a skin care routine in your 20’s. Take our free skin care quiz to find the perfect product mix for your skin.